[mythtv] Program Titles

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 18:41:37 UTC 2010

On 14 December 2010 22:32, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> On 12/14/10 18:02, Nick Morrott wrote:
>>
>> I'm guessing here (vanilla Freesat EPG and XMLTV in my DVB-T/S/Virgin
>> setup) but it's probably either for the small number of users who
>> record the encrypted Sky channels via DVB-S/S2 with their viewing
>> card, or for the larger number of users who record the analog signal
>> from their STB and don't want to use the tv_grab_uk_rt data from XMLTV
>> for one reason on another (either because it's not integrated into
>> MythTV, or because there are channels that are unsupported on uk_rt
>> that they want listings for).
>
> exactly. got it in one
>
> i have a sky box with a redremote and a hauppauge pvr-350
> it works well. the quality of the recording is not what you would call
> spectacular
>
> there are some channels for which there is no uk_rt EPG data
> i do have a program which will take the Sky EIT data and create the
> appropriate xmltv files for feeding into mythfilldatabase. but it is all a
> bit complicated. having it in myth would be cool.
>
> like i say, if the EIT scanner could be taught to look at a specific stream,
> it would be pretty straightforward to provide a patch to interpret the EIT
> data
> --

Do you have a copy of source code for the the Sky EIT data processor?
The EPG guide stuff I am working on is not taken from EIT data.
It is taken from the Sky EPG data feed.
The problem is that I have to reverse engineer it, because all the
current open source decoders are out of date, and the datasource
format has changed.
I am getting there, but finding out that the data formats has changed
is slowing things down a bit.