[mythtv] testing eitfixup.cpp changes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 19 19:54:52 UTC 2010

  On 12/19/2010 11:28 AM, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> I am going to extend the eitfixup.cpp with some Czech specific fixes and
> I was wondering how to test that while developing it. Say after fixing a
> bug in eitfixup.cpp how can I force mythbackend to flush the previously
> fetched data and re-read the EIT data again as soon as possible so that
> the testing doesn't take too long?

TTBOMK, you can't do anything to "rush" EIT.  The backend will start
scans within 5 minutes of restart if using active scanning.  Passive
scanning may be better for testing as you can just tune some channel in
Live TV and it should start getting any EIT in the stream.

The one thing I can suggest is to truncate the program table between
tests to make sure you're seeing the "new" data (and not leftover data
from a previous run).

Mike