[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: 733c698c0 by Paul Harrison (paul-h)

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 13:44:03 UTC 2010

On Thursday 16 Dec 2010 13:32:33 Janne Grunau wrote:
> I would be much happier if the the buildbot could ignore known warnings
> like Daniel's script did. Seeing new warnings in FFmpeg after a sync
> would be useful.

Sure it would, but only to the person responsible for merging the ffmpeg code
or any other external lib for that matter. Maybe what you need is a --enable-
all-warnings option to configure.

Filtering means constantly adapting for new warnings, new externals libs, new
lib locations within the code base. It assumes that we're only hiding these
warnings for the benefit of buildbot and not to make it easier for developers
to spot new warnings generally, especially in code that hasn't yet been
committed.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV