[mythtv] Program Titles

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Dec 15 11:08:21 UTC 2010

On 14/12/2010 17:45, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> On 14/12/2010 17:19, Nick Morrott wrote:
>> On 14 December 2010 16:49, Stuart
>> Auchterlonie<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

>>> We already pickup and decode all the EIT data for Freesat...
>>
>> IIRC project this is for the 'real' Sky EPG, not the Freesat one.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick
>>

> sky use a similar to freesat in that the the EPG is not encrypted, just
> huffman encoded. however, the EPG data is on a single transport and this
> complicates things as the myth EIT scanner wanders around looking for
> the data. as the transport used does not contain a video channel, it
> will not be picked up.

Ah yes. We do need to support this case. It isn't confined to the Astra
group of Satellites, it's also on many other satellite constellations.

> as and when it is possible to specify a transport to look for EIT data
> it will be pretty trivial to add.

This is normally signalled in the linkage descriptors to tell us where
to find the EPG. We need to add support for the linkage descriptors and
then using them to instruct the eit scanner where to go.

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie