[mythtv] Program Titles

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 18:02:50 UTC 2010

On 14 December 2010 17:49, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 Dec 2010 17:19:37 Nick Morrott wrote:
>> On 14 December 2010 16:49, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net>
> wrote:
>> >
>> > We already pickup and decode all the EIT data for Freesat...
>>
>> IIRC project this is for the 'real' Sky EPG, not the Freesat one.
>
> Right, and those would be the channels that cannot be recorded via DVB-S
> because they are encrypted, so what use would EIT be? If you're using a
> capture card then your only option will be the RT xmltv grabber.

I'm guessing here (vanilla Freesat EPG and XMLTV in my DVB-T/S/Virgin
setup) but it's probably either for the small number of users who
record the encrypted Sky channels via DVB-S/S2 with their viewing
card, or for the larger number of users who record the analog signal
from their STB and don't want to use the tv_grab_uk_rt data from XMLTV
for one reason on another (either because it's not integrated into
MythTV, or because there are channels that are unsupported on uk_rt
that they want listings for).

I've created lineups mappings for XMLTV for Freeview and Freesat based
on their service IDs and transmitted names, but have so far ignored
mapping the encrypted Sky channels to XMLTV IDs.

I am also working on automated channel numbering mappings for Virgin
TVSky/Freeview/Freesat based on the EPG slot numbers which should
improve things for uk_rt users who grab analog video from their STB.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott