[mythtv] Program Titles

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Tue Dec 14 17:45:45 UTC 2010

On 14/12/2010 17:19, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 14 December 2010 16:49, Stuart Auchterlonie<stuarta at squashedfrog.net>  wrote:
>> On 12/12/2010 09:30, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am in the progress of implementing EPG decoding for the UK SKY DVB-S
>>> within Myth.
>>
>> We already pickup and decode all the EIT data for Freesat...
>
> IIRC project this is for the 'real' Sky EPG, not the Freesat one.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

sky use a similar to freesat in that the the EPG is not encrypted, just
huffman encoded. however, the EPG data is on a single transport and this
complicates things as the myth EIT scanner wanders around looking for
the data. as the transport used does not contain a video channel, it
will not be picked up.

as and when it is possible to specify a transport to look for EIT data
it will be pretty trivial to add.

so now the big question. why bother?

sky broadcast schedule data for a whole raft of channels. a lot of these
are in the clear. at the moment all we have is now/next data from them
or schedule data from the BBC using tv_grab_uk_rt.

i have the code and having done something similar for freesat, it would
not be a big job.

regards
--
simon