[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Dan Wilson dwilson at solidstatesoftware.com
Mon Dec 13 14:45:42 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 02:01 AM, Lawrence Rust wrote:

> What does ftp.exe --version report?

$ ftp.exe --version
ftp (GNU inetutils) 1.7
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by many authors.

> This could be a temporary problem with ftp://mirror.cict.fr which is the
> URL in the script for wget.  Maybe try:
>
> WINGET_URL="ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/wget/wget-1.11.4.tar.bz2" ./mythbuildw32
>
> If not then maybe some tcp/ip or nat problem with vmware?

The mingw installer script was able to download and install mingw
without any issues.  I was able to use a web browser to retrieve the
file from the location specified, but couldn't convince ftp.exe to do
it. There must be something about ftp.exe and this environment.... I'll
play with it some more and see if I can figure out why it doesn't work.

After manually retrieving wget and dropping it in the mythbuild
directory, the script successfully extracted and compiled wget.  It's
now busy downloading lots of files.

> There's a revised script to work around these path problems here:
> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuildw32-2

I'm unable to connect to the site - firefox times out.  I can ping it,
however.  I'll try again later.

Thanks!

Dan.