[mythtv] [RFC v2] New Win32 build script

Boleslaw Ciesielski bc-mythtv at comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 17:29:47 UTC 2010

On 12/11/2010 12:49 PM, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> After a number of comments and suggestions I have revised the Windows
> cross compiling build script.  Thanks to everyone who contributed.  The
> new script can be viewed here:
> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuildw32-1
>
> An archive of the script and its associated (mandatory) patches is here:
> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuildw32-1.zip

I ran this new script and it completed on the first try (!).

However, I think this line:

     cp -p /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin/*.dll .

maybe too broad. It copies a lot of dlls with the same names as some of
the ones being built (pthread, Qt, libjpeg etc.) and the subsequent "ln
-s" statements fail. The end result is that the dlls that are shipped
with mingw are used instead of the ones just built.

Bolek