[mythtv] [RFC] New Win32 build script

Jeff Lu jll544 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 18:22:41 UTC 2010

> linking with the current Qt 4.6.3 binaries  causes a number of fatal

> runtime errors in MythMusic.  These errors are  not seen when building
> 4.7.0 nor on my Linux system with a packaged  4.6.2.

The difference probably is that you are building/using release Qt libraries,
whereas the Nokia-supplied binaries include both debug and release versions.  In
the Nokia builds, warnings/asserts can be fatal for debug but are silently
ignored for release.  Those errors do point to real issues, so I'd caution
against ignoring them, even if things seem to work fine when running release
builds.

Jeff