[mythtv] github issue numbers show-up as link but do not work

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 14:33:32 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 07 Dec 2010 14:21:09 Jonathan Martens wrote:
> On 7-12-2010 12:59, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > I don't think we can do anything about that. It's yet another reason why
> > Trac remains the primary tracker, pull requests should be attached to
> > tickets, not the other way around.
>
> The issue is not the pull request on it's own, the issue is that the
> description referring to the ticket contains a link that does not work
> on github, aka a dead link.

Yes, and as I said, there is nothing we can do about that. Github has their
own issue tracker and they are auto-linking those ticket numbers, there is no
way to stop the auto-linking or have it point to the correct location.

For that and other reasons tickets need to be created with details of the pull
request, not the other way around.

On a related note - Github is not another avenue to seek developer attention,
that remains Trac for bugs/patches and the mailing list for discussion. Any
pull request for code I maintain, for which there is no ticket in trac will be
ignored by me.
--
Stuart Morgan