[mythtv] Advice on debugging EIT

Paul McEnery pmcenery at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:14:51 UTC 2010

On 6 December 2010 11:25, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> It's probably not matching up what's in the EIT data with the channels
> you have. One thing that would be helpful is to grab some of the EIT
> with dvbsnoop and seeing if we can line that up with your available
> channels.

I am well aware that transportid and networkid MUST match each
transport in dtv_multiplex. I am 100% sure that these settings are
correct. I have a 10 second dvbstream capture of a complete mux if
anyone would like to take a look...

http://www.filemonster.net/en/file/18996/cable-ts.html

You will notice that the short description is at 0x4D, and the long
description is at 0x4E as expected. However, you will also find 2
private descriptors that are used. I have a feeling it may have
something to do with these.