[mythtv] git issues

E. Westbrook mythtv-dev at westbrook.com
Sun Dec 5 06:36:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 12:43, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, your example is incorrect anyways... mythweb is now in its own
> repository.

Actually, I'm curious why mythweb got split out.  Or any of the separate
repos for that matter.

I don't mean to second-guess anyone, and maybe I'm just being myopic, but I
can't think of anything gained by the separation, and I can think of much
that is impacted by it.

For example, I maintain local patch sets with components in both the mythtv
and mythweb trees.  This now means I'll be doing everything to my local
repos twice - pull, branch, commit, merge; lather, rinse, repeat.  Actually,
won't you guys also have to lather, rinse, repeat at release time, when
perhaps you needn't have to?

Not a *huge* deal for me (thanks CPAN::App::GitGot), but if they're on the
same release schedule and development process... and they share schemas and
who knows what else... then why?

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

Eric