[mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 04:18:12 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Marc Tousignant <myrdhn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the process of switching my gentoo ebuilds to use github. I'm
> wondering if this is the acceptable output of a myth[backend|frontend]
> --version where a specific commit was requested.
>
> # mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : v0.24-38-g11ee9c5-dirty
> MythTV Branch    : tree-11ee9c52ab2d639fa316

The branch is problematic.  Nobody but the packager will know what
that actually is.  Is that on master?  On fixes/0.24 (which is it
based on version)?  These are questions that anyone using that ebuild
will get peppered with every time they report with the branch that
way.  We should be able to mostly help with that, but if it's not on a
branch we have, it makes it far more difficult.