[mythtv] Fwd: MacOS X: Building MythNetVision

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sat Dec 4 14:27:31 UTC 2010

>Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:39:32 -0500
>To: MythTV-users
>From: Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca>
>Subject: MacOS X: Building MythNetVision
>Bcc:
>Hi:
>
>I can't seem to get MythNetvision plugin to build under MacOS X?!?  Following are some extracts from osx-packager.pl.
>
>-------------------------
>Office-Mini-2:~ myth24$ osx-packager.pl -themeskip -plugins mythnetvision -m32 -svnbranch release-0-24-fixes
>Checked out revision 27420.
>Checked out revision 27420.
>Checked out revision 27420.
>./configure: line 3938: pkg-config: command not found
># Basic Settings
>Compile type              release
># Bindings
>bindings_perl             yes
>bindings_python           yes
>/usr/bin/make -C bindings/python install
>python setup.py install --skip-build  --prefix="/Users/myth24/.osx-packager/build"
>running install
>running install_lib
>copying build/lib/MythTV/static.py -> /Users/myth24/.osx-packager/build/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MythTV
>byte-compiling /Users/myth24/.osx-packager/build/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MythTV/static.py to static.pyc
>running install_scripts
>changing mode of /Users/myth24/.osx-packager/build/bin/mythpython to 755
>changing mode of /Users/myth24/.osx-packager/build/bin/mythwikiscripts to 755
>running install_data
>running install_egg_info
>Removing /Users/myth24/.osx-packager/build/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MythTV-0.24.0-py2.5.egg-info
>Writing /Users/myth24/.osx-packager/build/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MythTV-0.24.0-py2.5.egg-info
>MythNetvision requires the MythTV Python bindings (MythTV)
>Disabling MythNetvision due to missing dependencies.
>-------------------------
>
>As I read it, I've managed to install all the dependencies that were missing for the Python (and Perl) bindings and the bindings are built and installed.  (I had to install MySQLdb and lxml for Python.)  In addition, MythNetvision requires OAuth and PyCurl and both of those are installed now.  The latter was a real pain.
>
>Can someone explain how to get MythNetvision to recognize that the Python bindings are, in fact, out there?
>
>While I'm at it, the build complains that pkg-config is not found.  I've built and installed it (and yasm) with Macports and it is on my path:
>
>Office-Mini-2:~ myth24$ which pkg-config
>/opt/local/bin/pkg-config
>
>The build says it can't find either pk-config or yasm.  Suggestions?

Hi:

I tried this on MythTV-Users without any response.  I've been poking at this for a couple of days and I really can't see any reason why MythNetvision claims that the Python bindings aren't there.  OTOH, I really know nothing about Python.

Could some kind soul point me in the right direction?

Craig