[mythtv] Advice on debugging EIT

Paul McEnery pmcenery at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 11:53:28 UTC 2010

On 1 December 2010 11:32, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Did you populate your channels using channels.conf or mythtv-setup.
> If it's the former there is information missing that means it wont
> work, if it's the latter then we can debug further.

Hi Stuart.

I did not import a channels.conf file, I used mythtv-setup. I am well
aware of this issue which is quite common. I am on DVB-C, and I have
ensured that transportid and networkid fields in dtv_multiplex are
correctly populated for each MUX. I have also used kaffeine to verify
these settings for each channel.

I have dvb_eitscan = 1 on ALL 3 of my capturecard's.
I have useonairguide = 1 on ALL channels in the channel table.

The most info that I ever see - even with "-v all" in the backend log
is as follows:

2010-11-29 08:58:54.638 EITScanner (1): Now looking for EIT data on
multiplex of channel 123
2010-11-29 08:58:55.005 EITCache: Pruning all entries that ended
before UTC 2010-11-28T09:04:04
2010-11-29 08:58:55.287 EITCache: Deleting old cache entries from the database

I am just not sure where to look next. I am quite comfortable diving
in with dvbsnoop if required. Any help in debugging this would be much
appreciated.

Regards,
Paul.