[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r25869 by robertm

Jeff Lu jll544 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 00:53:52 UTC 2010

> gdb: unknown target exception  0xc0000142 at 0x7c84a598

After some more investigation, it seems that I haven't been seeing this because
I've been compiling release builds.  When I compile a profile build, I get the
init error.  Dependency Walker points to msys-z.dll as the culprit, which leads
to the question of why we're linking the MSYS version of zlib instead of the
MinGW version or even the official DLL from zlib.net.

Try this hack for now...
Download libz-1.2.3-1-mingw32-dll-1.tar.gz from
http://sourceforge.net/downloads/mingw/MinGW/zlib/zlib-1.2.3-1-mingw32/
Extract and rename libz-1.dll to msys-z.dll
Copy the file to your /mythtv/build directory, replacing the existing msys-z.dll
Run mythfrontend - worked for me.

Not sure why it's become a problem just now, but does anyone know if there was a
reason the build script was set to use msys-z instead of mingw or official zlib?
(predates my involvement.)  If not, we probably should switch.

Cheers,
Jeff