[mythtv] Bug? Or expected behavior?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 13:19:48 UTC 2010

On Thursday 19 Aug 2010 13:59:47 MarcT wrote:
> To verify where the disconnect was I checked Previously Recorded on my
> frontend and found that that episode of Psych is not listed as having been
> recorded, even though it is still in my recordings under the live TV group.
>
> Thus the quandary, is this expected behavior or an oversight? Are shows
> watched on live TV intentionally left out of the previously recorded
> database?

LiveTV does not count as recorded. If it did then part watched shows where you
only caught half the episode or shows that you may not even have been watching
because you left the frontend in LiveTV mode overnight would fail to be be
recorded as part of a normal schedule. That is obviously not the desired
behaviour.

LiveTV only counts as 'recorded' if you hit RECORD (R) at any time when
watching it.

--
Stuart Morgan