[mythtv] Report on #6824 behavior

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 01:57:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> 720p H.264 59min recording (Castle)

Survey says...  the first major difference: the sped-up version was right,
the non-sped-up was wrong
The second major difference (the last cutset), the non-sped-up was right,
the sped-up missed a local station commercial/newsflash.

So far, I would still say that in my experience, the speedups have
consistently given results as good as if not better than the non-speedup
version.  Commercial flagging is not an exact science, and both are pretty
decent.  The speedups are significant for H.264 recordings, though, and this
causes me to really want this in.