[mythtv] Ticket6279 and changset 24131 ?

warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Apr 15 10:17:57 UTC 2010

Devs

Looks like 24131 is based on ticket6279
In http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6279 I see:

"Includes a crude attempt at normalising the volume of PCM from video, PCM from mythmusic and 'passthru' AC-3. There's a small delay between user input and change in volume due to buffering."

Is it mean Myth is now able to constant monitoring current audio level and dynamically adjust volume for normalization it to predefined level ?

Would be very nice as I have huge difference (~ 20db) in audio in analogTV vs DVB-T DTV.
Also on some channels commercials have really higher level of audio which is VERY annoying...

If ticket6279 is not addressing above problem - do we have plans for above functionality in Myth ?

thx