[mythtv] Conditional Compilation for Myth Version

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 19:35:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/13/2010 02:57 PM, George Galt wrote:
>>
>> Is there a preprocessor directive so that I can conditionally build a
>> plugin for version 0.22 and version 0.23?  Since MYTH_BINARY_VERSION
>> is text, I can't really use it to distinguish between major versions
>> at the preprocessor level.
>>
>> The reason (for the curious) is that Myth 0.22 uses
>> kMythDialogBoxCompletionEventType for dialog events, and version 0.23
>> uses DialogCompletionEvent::kEventType (at least, that's what I've
>> been able to figure out).  For a plugin to work in both version, it
>> needs to be conditionally compiled using the correct event type.
>>

> I'd recommend just focusing on 0.23-fixes.  Most distros even have
> 0.23-fixes packages available, now.  And, IMHO, 0.23-fixes in in good shape.
>
> Mike

Mike:

Thanks.  Yes, I've been using 0.23, which seems to be in great shape.
My concern is that there is always a lag with many users, and I don't
want to exclude 0.22 users when there is only a very small portion of
code that is 0.22 specific.  If there isn't a good #define for
conditional compilation, I can create my own within my plugin for the
purpose of my code.

Thanks again.

George