[mythtv] MythUI OSD branch and the way forward

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Apr 1 02:57:15 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-31, at 12:27 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:

> Because even on this list, the signal to noise ratio is
> extraordinarily poor.

Sure, I'm just asking for more signal to improve that ratio.

It would be very helpful to have some sort of forward declaration of what's happening to put some context around the large volume of commits. I read all of them and it's easy to lose sight of the big ticket stuff among all the minor tweaks. Maybe at the beginning of a release cycle some sort of statement of what is intended with the caveat that it's not binding or anything. Over on the Lumiera list they just did a quarterly update thing where a few of the folks said what they had accomplished and what was coming next. Whatever. I know there already is some communication happening but it feels accidental and like there's more unsaid so maybe there's room for improvement.

One of Nigel's sigs has a Dr. Strangelove quote, "you can't fight here, this is the war room." Substitute development for war and you basically have what Stuart was saying which made me go "hmm..."

A friendly suggestion in good humour no offence to anyone etc etc.

- George