[mythtv] Brainstorming a new idea for the program guide

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 02:29:25 UTC 2009

> In the past month (Aug 21 to Sept 20th), we had 13,000 downloads of
> 0.21 from mythtv.org. Let's assume that 10,000 of them actually used
> the software

wow, a 70% conversion rate?    My experience with most software
download/usage rates is 5% or less, so I'd expect way less than 1000
users (maybe 500?) of those actually and actively using the software.
 With mythtv's steep configuration learning curve, and requirement for
custom hardware it's probably 10% of that again.

I have no figures to support my claim, but then neither did the

 Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. :-)

Buzz.