[mythtv] mythvideo in a mixed linux/windows environment

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 19:40:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:
> how is this supposed to work?
> the full pathnames of the video files are stored in the database (and not
> relative to the storage group)
> so either linux can find them or windows can find them, but not both

Actually, MythVideo files stored in a Storage Group *do* only get a
path relative to the SG.  Theoretically, though I don't use the
windows frontend, SG streaming to MythVideo on windows would be the
*only* way it could work.  if you have absolute paths, then your
videos aren't in a storage group.

> is this a feature of a bug?

If you want it to work w/ Windows local path names, sounds like a
Feature Request.  MythVideo is probably, like many of the other
plugins on windows, only partially functional.

Robert