[mythtv] Problems importing channels.conf

benny.renkens at gmail.com benny.renkens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 06:45:31 UTC 2009

Issue solved for me... Actually, when I fill in the correct channels.conf
path & name the pop-up changes from "Failed to open: %1" to "Failed to
parse: %1". This indicates that there's nothing wrong with finding the
file. So I browsed the net for some other format of channels.conf.
Unfortunately I couldn't find one containing the dutch broadcasting
channels. (Other than in the format which I already have) But I saw that
the importing succeeds then...

To get channels in mythtv I thought I would try my luck with the "Full
Scan" option. (Half a year ago this defnitely did not work with DVB-S2
cards) After messing around with the parameters for a while it worked.
(After I filled in the frequency szap-s2 was using to tune into channels)
So no need to import channels.conf anymore.

Still the question remains... Why can't mythtv import the channels.conf
format which is produced by scan-s2?