[mythtv] DVB-S2 (failure)

Maarten Hondelink linuxtvorg at hondelink.com
Sat Sep 12 22:08:16 UTC 2009

>Try Ubuntu 9.10 alpha 5 - it has kernel 2.6.31. I tried 9.10 alpha 4 with
>the same TeVii and it worked out of the box (after replacing the
firmware in >/lib/firmware, of course). No need for 3rd DVB drivers or
anything like >that, just stock Ubuntu.

>Petr

Hello again Petr and others,

Thank you all for responding! I followed Petr's advice and started out
with Ubuntu 9.10. Spent the last few days to get all working and I finally
succeeded. Spent much time getting opensascng to compile under the 2.6.30
kernel and looking again for some database corrumption but I finally go it
working including de S2 channels. (deleted the database and started from
scratch)

See all the work done in my wiki in case you are interested
http://maarten.hondelink.com/index.php/How_To_Build_kernel_2.6.30

Its a follow up on the previous one (Ubuntu 9.04)
http://maarten.hondelink.com/index.php/How_To_Build

Still experiencing some stability problems when zapping through
s2-channels. Mythtfrontend hangs or crashes then but I can watch HD
channels now :-)

Thanks again!
Maarten