[mythtv] mythtv commit: r21764 - in trunk by gigem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 11 18:47:38 UTC 2009

On 09/11/2009 02:36 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 01:31:42PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> So, basically, if anyone happens to know why we shouldn't use
>> -h/where it won't work, please let me know.  If I don't hear reasons
>> not to use it, I'll commit the attached patch sometime.
>>
> It looks like -h is Posix compliant, so go for it.

Thanks.  I'm sure if any BSD'ers or Solarians or Macs find it doesn't
work for them, they'll let us know.

I even tried looking it up before sending the e-mail, but it seems I
looked in the wrong issue (
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/chown.html
rather than
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/chown.html ).