[mythtv] GetMainStack() vs GetStack("popup stack")

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Sep 11 15:43:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 09:34:12AM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> Well without getting into a long explanation of what window stacks are in
> mythui. The former is for main screens, and the latter for popups - but what
> is a popup and what is a 'main' screen is difficult to define, normally being
> a matter of judgement. No screen in mythui has to be fullscreen nor do popups
> have to be less than fullscreen.

I'm not that ignorant of UI support, at least in a general sense. :) I
would like to hear the long explanation sometime, though, on how
MythUI distinguishes between main windows and popups.

> I've just checked with a theme that falls back to the defaults and I can see
> the problem is just that the dialog lacks a background, I'll have a fix in svn
> in a few minutes.

A missing background was exactly what I expected to find, and looked
for, I just couldn't find it.  After 20-30 minutes of looking, I
figured it would be quicker to just ask.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net