[mythtv] RFC: Better handling of time changes for a Single Recording

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Sep 10 22:41:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 04:47:08PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/10/2009 03:39 PM, Matthias Dahl wrote:
> >On Wednesday 09 September 2009 18:53:59 Stuart Morgan wrote:
> >>I don't have time to go into depth right now, but I've been thinking about
> >>changing the timeslot recordings to do something like #2. We should be
> >>looking +/- x minutes before and after the scheduled time for a match,
> >>where x is based on the length of the program (not static or user
> >>defined).
> >Especially for timeslot recordings this would be a great
> >improvement because it is rather unlikely that a show gets
> >scheduled for the exact same time every week or day or whatsoever.
> >It usually tends to be around a specific time.
>
> Did you see the patch on http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4879 ?

For the record, I'm OK with something like the patch attached to this
ticket for single, timeslot and weekslot recording rules.  I'm not OK
with the other suggestions I've seen for changing the rules.  I'd much
rather see the power of custom rules be made more accessible.  One
idea I have percolating is to add custom recording clauses that could
be enabled or disabled easily in the recording rule editor for regular
rules.  The new clauses would probably be presented much like the
"Post Recording Processing" options.

David
--
David Engel