[mythtv] Incessant flip/flop of deinterlacer in svn

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 19:33:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try this patch for size:-
>
> http://mythtv.pastebin.ca/1569343
>
> regards
>
> Mark

I was going to try replacing my hack (which actually sets the
m_scan_locked) with a change like changeset 22121 (I'm still on
0.21-fixes), but I'm a little confused by that change.

If I'm interpreting that patch correctly, it will still switch to
progressive if it sees four or more progressive frames after any
interlaced frames.  The verbose message it generates says "Locking
scan to Interlaced", but it appears that, after it does that, four
progressive frames will in fact cause it to switch.

Am I reading that correctly?  Has anyone verified that this sufficient
to prevent the constant switching for (for example) NBCs dramas that
tend to do this?  I'm using the new field order deinterlacer which is
unusable if this switching occurs.

Thanks.
Tom