[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r22228 by robertm

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:27:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Andrei Rjeousski <arjeousski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 6:53 PM, <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
>>
>>      Author: robertm
>>        Date: 2009-10-03 22:53:42 +0000 (Sat, 03 Oct 2009)
>> New Revision: 22228
>>   Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22228
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>>   trunk/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp
>>
>> Log:
>>
>> Fixes #3711.  Allows one to jump to the bookmark when playing back
>> MythVideo/non-recordings files. . .  Now the user can simply choose 'Play
>> from beginning' on such files.
>
> It seems that this commit started causing focus issues on my myth.
> If a video has a bookmark and I choose any option on the popup, the video
> does not have focus so I am unable to pause/exit from it. If a video does
> not have any bookmarks the popup is not shown and video has focus so I am
> able to control it.
> I am not using lirc, just regular keyboard. I've confirmed this issue with
> both gentoo (fluxbox) and ubuntu 9.10 alpha (gnome) with latest build of
> myth.

I think I have the same problem.  For the last couple of weeks I've
had control issues when watching stuff in MythVideo.  I thought it was
my wireless keyboard not connecting right (low batteries, etc)  But
the keyboard seems to always connect if I <alt><tab> away from Myth
and then <alt><tab> back.  I didn't trouble shoot it as much as Andrei
did.  But what he describes is consistent with my memory.

I've run many SVN versions since this issue first appeared.  I'm
running on Ubuntu 9.04 64bit with NVIDIA binary drivers.