[mythtv] Myth

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Thu Oct 8 19:42:39 UTC 2009

On 8-10-2009 20:51, MarcT wrote:
> The 3 files above are there in the msys but not in mingw

Strange I have them in both folders and have had many flawless builds.,
so far. Mine are from 23-Sep-2009, so they have been there for a while.

I have renamed them in the MinGW folder to test if I could do a
succesfull make install in the mythgallery folder but it errors out with
the same error as you have seen, so they seem needed AFAIK.

This has recently also been discussed in this thread:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2009-September/066248.html

> You are focusing on the ld error, I believe the issue we should be looking
> at is the
> EFFECT FAILED (newer ->  shell): mtime of file
> (C:/mythtv/build/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmovies.dll) should be greater
> than file (C:/mythtv/mythplugins/mythmovies/mythmovies/libmythmovies.dll).
> As C:/mythtv/build/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmovies.dll does not exist.

No that is not the root cause. The build script errors out early as a
linking fails for mythgallery (the first plugin to be installed into the
build directory). Therefore it never installs mythmovies into the build
folder and subsequently fails to compare against the mythmovies.dll in
the build folder as it does not exist... so the linker error is the root
cause of your issue.

Kind regards,

Jonathan