[mythtv] Audio Properties Question

Doug Haber doug at fawnanddoug.com
Tue Nov 17 14:08:35 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I originally posted this to users but I think it might be more of a dev
question:

I noticed that the Audio Properties on recordings seem to be set from the
values in the schedule data instead of the recorded file.  In my case the
schedule data is often wrong so the icons on the UI light up
inappropriately.  I had a few questions:

1.       Is this an issue other people suffer from, or am I misunderstanding
something?

2.       If this is a real issue, is there a reason that the data is not
read from the file?  I noticed that the video width is checked when a
recording ends and the video props are updated - is it just that no one has
submitted a patch for the Audio Props?

3.       If I wanted to submit a patch, could anyone give me any pointers on
how to determine the audio props from the file?

Thanks All!

Doug