[mythtv] Mythweb stopped working after Ubuntu 9.04 -> 9.10 upgrade

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 13 22:57:18 UTC 2009

On 11/13/2009 03:02 PM, MythTV wrote:
> #7561: Mythweb stopped working after Ubuntu 9.04 -> 9.10 upgrade
>
>  Following errormessage is shown:
>   datetime:  2009-11-13 21:59:25 (EET)
>      errornum:  256
>    error type:  User Error
>  error string:  MasterServerIP or MasterServerPort not found! You mayneed
>  to check your settings.php file or re-run mythtv-setup
>      filename:  /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/classes/MythBackend.php
>    error line:  45
and
> #7557: New Mythweb won't go past masterserverip error
>
>  I can't access mythweb any more due to the MasterserverIP error
>  http://192.168.2.5/mythweb/
>
>  select * from settings where value like 'MasterS%' order by value;
>  +------------------+-------------+----------+
>  | value            | data        | hostname |
>  +------------------+-------------+----------+
>  | MasterServerIP   | 192.168.2.5 | NULL     |
>  | MasterServerPort | 6543        | NULL     |
>  +------------------+-------------+----------+
>

>      datetime:  2009-11-12 19:18:58 (EST)
>      errornum:  256
>    error type:  User Error
>  error string:  MasterServerIP or MasterServerPort not found! You mayneed
>  to check your settings.php file or re-run mythtv-setup
>      filename:  /var/www/html/mythweb/classes/MythBackend.php
>    error line:  45

This error is coming from the Perl bindings.  It can happen if you a)
haven't configured MythTV or b) have a crashed settings table or c) have
an invalid HOME and/or $HOME/.mythtv/config.xml in your environment.

In 0.22, the only place I see the Perl bindings being used in MythWeb is
in the streaming functionality.  Are you trying to stream a video when
this happens?

To fix b) please run a mysqlcheck -r on your database.  To fix c) please
verify the environment in which your Apache httpd is running has a valid
HOME directory and that it contains a valid $HOME/.mythtv/config.xml .

Mike