[mythtv] TeVii S650 S2 usb

Brian Pickford bpickford at united-springs.co.uk
Fri Nov 13 12:15:58 UTC 2009

Dear List,

My previous message on this subject attracted no responses so I went back to
running DVB-S with this hardware and avoiding trunk until the s2api was
included with out the need for a non standard Mythbuntu setup.

I found the same error in setting up the device recently on .22, in that the
diseqc would not scan and as a result I could not attach an LNB to the
device. I worked around this by inserting values for each of the two
identical devices derived from my .21 DB

INSERT INTO `diseqc_tree` (`diseqcid`, `parentid`, `ordinal`, `type`,
`subtype`, `description`, `switch_ports`, `rotor_hi_speed`,
`rotor_lo_speed`, `rotor_positions`, `lnb_lof_switch`, `lnb_lof_hi`,
`lnb_lof_lo`, `cmd_repeat`, `lnb_pol_inv`, `address`) VALUES
(1, NULL, 0, 'lnb', 'voltage_tone', 'LNB1', 0, 0, 0, '', 11700000, 10600000,
9750000, 1, 0, 0),
(2, NULL, 0, 'lnb', 'voltage_tone', 'LNB2', 0, 0, 0, '', 11700000, 10600000,
9750000, 1, 0, 0);

These devices work well once this step has been completed, I can receive all
the freesat channels including ITV HD.

I am happy to support development with logs if any one is interested if
solving the LNB scan issue.

Hope the above helps any other TeVii S650 users or  prospective users out
there.

Cheers,

Brian.