[mythtv] Adding support for "raw" images to mythgallery

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:01:59 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I'm quite keen to extend mythgallery so that it can support raw
images, at the very least for my own use but hopefully if I can do it
properly it will be of use to other people as well.   So with that in
mind I was looking for some advice before I got too far down the road.

Has anyone looked at doing this? And if so has it just not made it to
the top of anyones todo list or has it been rejected as a bad idea.

Presuming that it's not a flat out bad idea does anyone have any
pointers/suggestions on the preferred way to do this.  At the moment I
am playing about with using the code from dcraw
(http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/ ) directly within mythgallery
but I have also come across the libraw library
(http://www.libraw.org/).

Any suggestions/pointers would be great.

Thanks
Stephen