[mythtv] jack audio, WAS Re: audio resampling

cal cal at graggrag.com
Sat Nov 7 02:27:57 UTC 2009

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 04:00 +1100, cal wrote:
>> In futzing about with jack audio, I've encountered a little oddity. Jack works
>> to a single samplerate, so GetSupportedRates() returns a vector with just one
>> element. Resampling doesn't happen. With this it does...
>> -        audio_samplerate = *(rates.end());
>> +        audio_samplerate = rates.back();
>
> It's a bug, fixed in svn.

Cool, thought so :-). Your little note on pulseaudio triggered quite a strange
little week. I've gone and done a complete rewrite of jack audio output. If it
proves stable & reliable, I figure I'll just tack it on to #5374.

I do realise that the sum total of interest in myth->jack runs at about 1.375
users on a good day, but if it can be done better and lighter, there's good
arguments for dropping the dependency on bio2jack, especially a really _ancient_
version of bio2jack.

cheers, Cal