[mythtv] documentation

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Nov 6 16:24:04 UTC 2009

every now and again i think that i should write a book on myth. after
all, i spend some much time faffing about with it. another motivation is
that my better half gets terribly fed up as she doesn't understand how
to use the software.

so with that said, i was thinking about aggregating the words in the
documentation, stuff from the wiki, and anything else i can lay my hands
on. i have the various mailing lists archived back into the mists of
time. but certainly there is useful stuff in -dev going over the last 12
months.

my proposal would be to take all this and produce a "book" for want of a
better term. it would be released under a compatible licence (not
investigated what would be best - for some value of best).

i really, really, really do not like Microsoft. with a passion, you
might say. having said that, i use ms word for about 4-5 hours a day for
my job of work. for this reason, the current tool that i'm using to work
on the text is word. it can be converted to whatever format is deemed
acceptable at some point in the future.

i was wondering if anyone else was planning to so some work in this area?

regards
--
simon