[mythtv] JAMU Python requirements

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 00:48:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 14:58 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> What are the Python version requirements for JAMU?  They're not listed
> in the Wiki or the README that I can find but they appear to be 2.5 or
> higher (partially because the ttvdb_api uses "with" statements).  This
> is of some importance since CentOS5 is an often used platform for a
> backend and it only has 2.4.3 available AFAIK.  There are some sources
> of 2.5 and 2.6 RPMs to parallel install along side the shipping
> Python, but it would be good to highlight this requirement to users so
> they understand why it doesn't work

Went through this myself a couple of months ago.  Here's the thread.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/395929?search_string=jamu%20centos;#395929

And since then, even with my tweaks, Jamu doesn't work at all on CentOS
5... and yes - I tracked it back to the "with" statement last week also,
but I'm thinking that basically, CentOS 5 users aren't going to be able
to get on the Jamu train...

	-I