[mythtv] #5900 and AAC 5.1 audio

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun May 31 17:40:01 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/6/1 Markus Schulz <msc at antzsystem.de>:
> but upmixing is a different task then ac3-encoding. Perhaps this should

That's what this patch does as well, it upmix ...
Now if you want to split the patch between the upmix features and the
ac3 re-encoding: good luck, because everything is inter-connected.

> be split into Upmixing and AC3-Encoding. This will prevent user-errors
> (like my). Then it was possible to disable/ignore the volume-control
> page for digital-only users.

Problem is.. There's no real possibility to know if your output device
is a digital or an analog one... Up to the use to configure everything
properly.