[mythtv] [mythtv-users] HDPVR & 1080i streams

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:19:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> The video ping-pongs around the audio. The log messages I included show
>> video behind audio, frame interval being halved, video catching up and
>> surpassing the audio which results in frames being dropped so the audio can
>> catch up and the whole process starts over.
>>
>> - Mark.
>
> I apologize for moving this discussion to mythtv-dev, but nobody on -users
> can help.

Mark,

I have to be brutally honest.  You need to describe the problem better
in the mythtv-users list before giving up.  You keep describing the
video as "ping-ponging".  I looked it up and ping-pong as a verb means
to shift or bounce.  Is that really an accurate description of what
you see happening on the screen?  The picture literally bounces?
Also you need to describe the hardware you are running on, what O.S.
you are using, what version of MythTV you are using and what
configuration setting you are using for playback.  All that is just
for starters.  Throw us a frickin bone here.