[mythtv] win32 win32-packager.pl problems

jll544 at yahoo.com jll544 at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 17:55:33 UTC 2009

> I encountered a couple of errors using the win32-packager.pl script

I opened #6546 to update the script - feel free to add to it.
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6546

> 1) When installing MinGW, I didn't install the Fortran

The script does tell you to install g77...  :)

> 2) The dowload location for MySQL-Essentials is no longer
> valid.  I changed the perl script to pull it from...

You could also use 5.1.33 or 5.1.34 from the official mirrors.

> 3) The script complained that it couldn't find
> ...5.1\lib\opt\libmysql.lib".  This was
> because I hadn't selected a complete install.

The script also tells you to perform a complete install...  :)

> 4) The stdlib_h.patch file fails.

I've included a hack for this in #6546, or we could just remove the now outdated patch.

> After that, I was off and running. I'm still in the middle of
> compiling so there's no telling if I'll uncover something else

I'll take this opportunity to plug some of my tickets - you might find them useful.  With these applied, I have been quite happy with the win32 frontend.

Required patches to compile r20511 and higher:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6533

Audio sync fixes, SPDIF, and 5.1 output for win32:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6538

Allow Direct3D playback window resizing:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6545

Good luck!
-Jeff