[mythtv] #5900 and AAC 5.1 audio

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri May 22 22:33:39 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/5/23 foo bar <foobum at gmail.com>:
> 2009/5/22 Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com>:
>> Foo bum, I've run into a peculiar issue with your #5900 (with #5964
>> too, if it matters) upmixer.
>
> Away atm but will look at this and upload new patches soon.

It would be great if you could look at the channel re-ordering issue.

I posted some mods based on your patches where you can basically
switch between the original mythtv code and yours.

Also, there's an attempt to fix an AC3 channel ordering issue which is
described in one of the trac entry .

Basically, when listening to 5.1 tracks and doing an output with
analog audio, the channels are mixed up.

The last patch I put on trac re-order the channels and it works for
AC3 track, but it broke AAC playback.
I've made another mod that look at the original codec used and only
re-order the channels if it's AC3 output to analog.

But I'm sure there's a more elegant way of doing so.

Regards
Jean-Yves