[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase & xmltv,

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri May 8 15:52:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 13:33 +0200, Laurent ARNAL wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I always find that configuring TV Card in MyhTV is difficult for non US
> citizen.
> What I'm usually do is:
>
>    1/ Do a first frequency scan to find the channel.
>    2/ Go to mythweb, and fill the xmltvid column by hand for each entry
> in Channel table.
>    3/ Launch mythfilldatabase to fill missing informations (icons,
> programs, etc...).
>
> Perhaps miss something somewhere, but what hurts is Step 2 because you
> don't have a link between channel frequency and xmltv informations.
> The only link is the channel name that could be the same, or near the same.
>
> What I propose is to modify void ChannelData::handleChannels.
> The goal is when we are handling a channel coming from the xmltv parser,
> to verify if we don't already have an entry in the Channel table without
> xmltvid but with the same name.
> If so, we can do an update of this entry, instead of doing an insert.
>
> I Create a path for this purpose, see ticket #6531.

You didn't miss anything step 2 is the part that hurts everywhere.
Fuzzy matching the channel names should help a good deal.

PS I understand there is a language barrier, but if you could make the
small changes needed to the code in patch to make it look more like the
existing code that would help it get applied more quickly. Otherwise
the person applying the patch needs to make it adhere to the coding
conventions before it can be applied.

-- Daniel