[mythtv] Mythtv & TechnoTrend S2-3200

Herman Gerritsen lfsmailing at gmail.com
Wed May 6 07:24:12 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am trying to setup up mythtv using a TechnoTrend S2-3200.
But I am stuck at scanning of channels in the mythtv-setup.

My base System is xubuntu 8.10 (2.6.27.11 kernel)

I use the "http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb" drivers as described on
"http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-budget_S2-3200"
The driver seems to work (lsmod shows it found a driver, and lspci shows the
same driver for my TT-3200).
The scan-s2 and szap-s2 programs can tune and lock channels without problem.
I can also use dvbstreamer and vlc to view the channels.
Thus the driver does not seem to be the issue here.

Now I have tried to follow this tutorial
"http://www.closetothewind.net/tt-budget-s2-3200-mythtv/"
When I select to import channels from a file, as directed by the tutorial,
the scanning window pops up and does nothing until it times out.
In the command window it says it is unable to open the dvbfrontend.

I have also tried different patches form ticket 5882 with different
revisions of mythtv, Yet all with the same problem.

I have also tried to compile and run on ubuntu-9.04
This gave me an "dvbfrontend unavailable" error
and I could not scan channels or import from file.

Am I Missing some information on installing mythtv using a TT-3200?
If someone can help me out on this one that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Herman Gerritsen