[mythtv] records only TV ads

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Mon Mar 30 18:49:56 UTC 2009

> I was wondering, since with myth TV you can record TV without ads, is there
> any way that you can record ONLY commercial and skip the rest.
> Please let me know if it's possible and if yes how can I manage it, or is
> there anyone who can help me with it.

Really a users question.

MythTV does not skip commercials while recording. It marks commercial
blocks as it is recording. So when you watch, you just skip over the
commercials. The same commercial flagging can work in reverse. You
can just go to the points where the commercials start, watch and then
go to the next point.

If you want to save only the commercials then load the commercial flags
in the editing mode and strip off the show, keeping only the commercials.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/