[mythtv] Question about new theme: menu-ui.xml

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 23:38:38 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/3/26 Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>:
> signature.   The answer is further down.

No it isn't there unfortunately and I did read those :)

You wrote:
"Try removing these window tags.  Your core fonts should be defined
outside of a window.  Also try to use names that are more unique.  If
you don't have a base.xml that covers all necessary widgets, it will
fall back to the default base.xml for them and your font definitions
may get overridden."

However, if you look at all the base.xml found in the current themes
shipping with trunk, the fonts are always defined within a window ;
not outside.

Like GANT/base.xml:

<mythuitheme>
    <window name="backgroundwindow">
        <imagetype name="backimg">
            <filename>bkg/grey.png</filename>
        </imagetype>

And menu-ui.xml uses "small" as the font name with success...

I must have missed something very obvious,