[mythtv] MediaMonitor & DVD-drive speed limiting

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Mar 16 00:33:55 UTC 2009

> it seems that DVD-drive speed limiting is called only when
> MediaMonitor is turned on.

Hi Otto. Sorry for the delay in looking in to this.
Yes, you are right. If the "Monitor CD/DVD..." setting
is disabled, then speed-setting and ejecting will not work.

> Is this intentional and is changing it a feature request or a bug? :)

I can't remember back that far, but a patch to change it would involve:

Adding
virtual void MythMediaDevice::setSpeed(const char* DevicePath, int
speed);
to mythmedia.h,

and changing
void MythCDROMLinux::setSpeed(int speed);

into
static void MythCDROMLinux::setSpeed(const char* DevicePath, int speed)
void        MythCDROMLinux::setSpeed(int speed)

That could let MediaMonitor::SetCDSpeed() attempt
speed limiting if the media monitor is disabled.

> If these really are related, it would be more clear to put DVD-
> speed limiting settings "under" MediaMonitor in setup so that it is
> clear that MediaMonitor is needed for speed limiting.

It would be, but for now, I might just
update the setup "help" messages?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| I've been talking to |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | the ship's computer. |