[mythtv] Subscription Expiration in myth or SD?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 29 16:06:02 UTC 2009

On 06/29/2009 12:00 PM, Marc Tousignant wrote:
> I just renewed my SD sub yesterday, this morning I checked mythweb to see if
> the date changed after my guide download and noticed it still told me it
> expired on July 2. It was not until I noticed it said Fri Jul 2 5:58 AM that
> I realized I was fine, as July 2nd is a Fiday next year.
> I then checked that Status page in the front end and it too states that my
> subscription expires on Fri Jul 2 5:58 AM.
>
> I think I found the correct line on 440 of
> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/datadirect.cpp
>
> .arg(GetMythDB()->GetSetting("DateFormat", "ddd d MMMM"))
>
> But when I changed it to
>
> .arg(GetMythDB()->GetSetting("DateFormat", "ddd dd MMM yyyy"))
>
> there was no effect. Is this something that is being sent by SD? Any chance
> we can get the year added in here?

You changed the /default/ value of the DateFormat setting, but since
your database already contains a value for that setting, Myth is using
the format your database specifies (there's no need for the
fallback/default since the value is defined on your system).

Go into mythfrontend settings and change the "Date format" setting under
Appearance Settings a few pages in.

Mike