[mythtv] Why MythTV didn't handle the UK Freeview lineup change

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sun Jul 26 06:53:25 UTC 2009

HI!

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

>> Now, combine this with another characteristic of MythTV, that database
>> deletes aren't active till a mythfilldatabase run. Then you have the
>> situation where the end user *can't delete* 'Virgin 1' and rescan,
>> because the deletion isn't flushed before they do a rescan, and the
>> channel scanner sees the old channel id, and makes the same mistake again.
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean here? In the channel scanner if I tell it to
> delete the channels, that's what it does, there and then.

A year ago, I switched from DVB-C to DVB-S. I was able to scan for
channels, but then I could not watch any channel, because I got no lock.
I tried for days without success, but suddenly it worked. It is
possible, that I ran mythfilldatabase before that last scan that
apparently finally wrote the correct data into the database.

Thomas