[mythtv] BluRay Subtitles...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 13:18:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 5:43 AM, Marc Tousignant <drayson at net1plus.com>wrote:

> > Robert,
> >
> > Thankyou for the kind comments.
> >
> > I have been following the ffmpeg-dev list and have read the thread you
> > have
> > eluded to.
> >
> > I'm aware of the process in getting this into MythTV (via FFmpeg),
> > however
> > as I have not yet been able to display the subtitle in MythTV (or
> > mplayer)
> > I have held off approaching the FFmpeg dev team (as they are very
> > busy).
> >
> > I was hoping this caught the eye of Janne or Mark K, and one of them
> > could
> > point me in the right direction to progressing this in the MythTV code.
> >
> > Stephen.
> >
> > --

Hi Stephen,

I understand your reasoning and would probably do the same myself--
moreover, I hope that one of the guys is able to give you the help you need
to get it tested and working.  I also would not want to submit work to
FFmpeg that I had not tested to work myself.  This is a great feature and as
someone who has done some small patches to improve the Blu ray situation in
Myth, I am eager to see your work finished.

Good luck,

Robert